Saturday, November 8, 2008

First Kicks

For the past 2 weeks I have felt the little butterfly flutters when the baby moves. I felt them more frequently during the evenings when I was going to sleep. Yesterday, we were going to eat and I actually felt the first "real kick". They continued throughout the evening and this morning. They are strong enough to tell that it is definitely baby moving around! I remember with Avery this was my FAVORITE part of being pregnant. Feeling her move was the one thing that I missed about being pregnant after Avery was born. It is such a reassuring feeling that reminds you that the baby is in there and doing fine! It is an amazing feeling. I wanted to share this because it is definitely one of my happier moments in the midst of all of the sickness. Yuck! Avery felt last night and she loves to talk to the baby and about the baby. She thinks that my belly button is the microphone to the baby! She talks straight into the belly button when she says "Hi baby, how are you?" So sweet!


Don't you see that children are God's best gift? The fruit of the womb his generous legacy? Like a warrior's fistful of arrow are the children of vigorous youth. Oh, how blessed are you parents!
Psalm 127:3-4

1 comment:

Sarah Turner said...

The kicking is my favorite part too!