Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Refreshing Weekend

This weekend we had our church women's retreat at Pickwick. We stayed at the Pickwick Lodge and had a WONDERFUL weekend. It was such a refreshing time to fellowship and spend time with friends. During the weekend, we talked about rejoicing in the rain. We learned how to focus on God at all times, good and bad. It was a great weekend. God does not always promise us what makes us happy. It is through trials and struggles that I have learned some of the best lessons in life. One of the speakers started by telling us if everyone brought their problems and sat them on the stage but had to leave with someone else's problem that most people would choose their own. How true is that? God equips us to deal with our own situations. We may not always know why something is happening but he will carry us through. If we lay our burdens at the cross God will give us peace without having to understand why. That is not always easy though! I am learning to take it to the cross. It is amazing what can happen in situations when you just give your problems to God. I just wanted to share about my weekend. I hope that you had a great one!

I can do all things with Christ who strengthens me. Phillipians 4:13

No comments: